I suggest you ...

make it clear what happens next after I add a keyword and hit submit

I enter a keyword, click submit, and it says it may take 15 minutes. But intuitively I want to know that it is processing because the last thing I did in my mind was: add a keyword. Nowhere did I say 'submit my keywords for processing' (for example) -- or maybe I did? There is a step that is missing, in my mind. Seems like submit (meaning in my mind the moving of the keyword from right box to left box) and start processing are in the same button click. But to me the button click is to add my keywords only so I still dont know if I started processing. The problem/frustration is that I'll have to wait up to 15 minutes to find out if I did something wrong.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    scsc shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike BelascoAdminMike Belasco (Owner, Local Search Toolkit) commented  · 

Hi SC,
        Thanks for your feedback. The video is a little old. The keywords that have been added to your project now show up below the submit button. We agree this could be more clear and will add to the list of updates.

• scsc commented  · 

I just saw in the tour video that there is some update way up from the submit button that says what I was looking for (keywords added, go to dashboard to see results.) Would not have written the above novel if... this text had been shown downscreen where I clicked after I clicked. I guess my comment is now: it is not intuitive to look upscreen for that kind of feedback after clicking. (Requires scroll up due to too many browser toolbars btw)

Feedback and Knowledge Base